Botox & Fillers: Everything You Need To Know About Them
Aesthetic treatments such as botox and fillers have become increasingly popular, with more people looking to achieve a youthful appearance. So, if your appearance is important to you, chances are you’ve considered getting one or another.
They are effective, relatively pain-free, and the results are instantaneous. But what are the differences between the two? Here, we’ll break it down. Keep reading!
The Basics Of Fillers
What Are Fillers?
Fillers are substances that are injected into the skin to plump it up, smooth out lines and wrinkles, or restore volume. There are many types of fillers on the market today, each made from different materials.
The most common type of filler is made from hyaluronic acid, a substance that occurs naturally in the body. Other fillers may be made from collagen, fat, or calcium hydroxylapatite.
Benefits Of Fillers
Fillers can help you in different aspects; some of their benefits include:
- Plump thin lips
- Enhance shallow contours
- Soften facial creases and wrinkles
- Improve the appearance of recessed scars
- Restore a youthful look
Risks & Considerations
- Allergic reactions: Tell your doctor about allergies, particularly to anesthesia or lidocaine.
- Infection: There is a small risk of infection at the injection site.
- Bleeding or bruising: There may be some bleeding or bruising at the injection site.
- Pain: Discomfort can occur during the injection process.
Essential Facts About Botox
What Is It?
Botox is a neuromodulator injected into the muscles to relax them temporarily. It works by blocking the signals from the nerves to the muscles, causing them to become relaxed.
Benefits Of Botox
Some of the benefits patients get from botox injections include:
- Soften lines and wrinkles
- Improve the appearance of crow’s feet
- Reduce the appearance of a “gummy” smile
- Temporarily disable muscle spasms
Risks You Should Consider
Fillers have been deemed safe by the FDA. However, as with any medical procedure, there are certain risks you should consider before undergoing treatment. These include:
- Allergic reactions: While unlikely, it is possible to have an allergic reaction to either botox or fillers. If you experience any swelling, redness, or itching at the injection site, seek medical attention immediately.
- Bruising: It is also possible to injure the injection site. This is usually due to the needle used during the procedure. To minimize bruising, ice the area for a few minutes before and after treatment.
- Infection: If the needles used during your procedure are not sterile, you could be at risk for infection. To avoid this, only visit a reputable clinic that uses sterile needles.
Get Effective Hydrafacial Treatments At DCW Aesthetics In Garland, UT
Stop searching “aesthetics near me,” DCW Aesthetics has the answer to all of your needs! We’re a med spa in Garland, UT. We offer botox, fillers, hydrafacials, and more treatments to help you achieve your desired youthful appearance.
DCW Aesthetics’ staff has over a decade of experience, and it’s passionate about providing our clients with the best possible care. We understand that everyone’s skin is unique, so our treatments are personalized. No matter your goals, you can achieve them with DCW Aesthetics. Contact us today to schedule a consultation!